Monday, June 14, 2010

Wood Furniture Design: This Thing I Made Yesterday

I want to show you what I made yesterday.

I am two days into the build of the futon, and after spending some time making the final versions of the joints I was practicing late last week I determined I was going to need an oddly shaped angle piece that ended up looking like this.



Each edge, each angle, each distance measured and cut specifically, each bit removed with either band saw, hack saw, miter saw or chisel where needed. I wore out my right arm getting this piece as accurate as possible, a piece with not enough flat edges to clamp in place for chiseling.



It goes here, connecting the front legs to the cross piece between the front and back of the side panel:



In the end, hardly anyone will notice it.

And I am very proud of it.

No comments: