Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Furniture Design: Desks by Necessity

Not a huge update today- the project was just to make a couple of desks for my computers. They may look a little familiar to you- I just made two more of the work tables before with three major changes- the legs are turned 90 degrees, and there is a crosspiece on the back- both changes made for stability, and of course, the desks are 6 inches shorter, because they're made to be sat at, not stood at.



Now I just need to go buy a chair, you'll notice the grey tub I'm currently sitting on. But there's no time for that now, there's hockey on.

On another note, I just purchased my tickets to Maker Faire Bay Area 2010, which is just a couple of weeks away, May 22-23. Its a really cool celebration where people who make stuff- cool stuff- ANY stuff- bring it to show it off. Creations range from the weird and wacky to the ingenious. Anyone in the bay area has no excuse but to go, and the tickets are only on sale for $25 until today, after that they go up to $45! Click here to get your tickets!

No comments: