Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Week Here, 1000 Hits, and A Day in San Francisco

Good morning or afternoon!

Adjusting to West Coast time is a bit strange. Did you know that out here Saturday Night Live isn't live?! They show it at 11:30, three hours old. Probably edited too.

Anyway, just one of those things that has been a part of adjusting to Oakland. I'll admit at first I was very apprehensive about it, but I'm beginning to know the area, meet new people, and see old friends. A week in, and things are only getting better.

Yesterday, in an important milestone, my blog reached 1,000 hits! Very exciting. I'm learning all about what keeps people interested. I thought my visitors would drop off as time went on, as you all got bored with my day-to-day stuff, but its actually the opposite! Thanks for clicking!

I took the day with my friends from college, Zac and Jess, to go see San Fransisco again. We mostly saw things I had already done before, but a trip to China Town is always great. I had a filling lunch for $3.75! Then we walked down to the Embarcadero, and played with the mechanical toys at the MuseƩ Mechanique which was a great time. I snapped this terrible picture of Alcatraz:



We walked past Fisherman's Wharf to see men with giant steamer baskets and huge pots of freshly caught crab make it clear to us a return trip was in order. Probably a visit to the Haight to breathe in a little San Fran "culture", and maybe the night tour of Alcatraz.

A stop in Little Italy for some Gelato and then a long walk back to the BART station. All in all we walked 7 miles- yes I am one of those dorks who google-maps his walking distance- the difference is I admit I have a problem. We found a local Mexican restaurant in Fruitvale (the only kind of restaurant in Fruitvale is Mexican) had some great Carnitas, and Zac and Jess made their way to a gathering Zac had in the city for his work.

Yes, I still feel like a tourist here, so I'm going to get all the touristy stuff done while I still qualify as "new here." Today, its back to design work! Oh and my design computer is set up now, so if anyone needs design work done, the freelance shop is open!

No comments: